Are you a computer science engineer aspiring to specialize in the branch for your postgraduate degree? If yes, then this article is definitely for you. In this article, we have compiled the reasons why a syllabus is significant to crack the GATE Exams. First, the GATE aspirants can choose from any of the two subjects relevant to the required GATE program.
The GATE syllabus for the relevant subjects is indeed the best resource for identifying their preference for the primary and secondary paper. For a computer science engineering aspirant, the GATE Syllabus for CSE can surely come in handy. The syllabus also helps the candidates to prepare well for the exams.
Significance of GATE Syllabus
Computer Science is an exciting subject, and the best way to get an idea about the topics spread across it is to refer to the complete syllabus for CSE by GATE. The CSE Syllabus constitutes ten sections. The topics covered include Engineering Mathematics, Digital Logic, Computer Organization and Architecture, Programming and Data Structures, Algorithms, Theory of Computation, Compiler Design, Operating System, Databases and Computer Networks. Referring to this syllabus will thus help the candidates to plan for their studies better. Moreover, known to be one of the essential resources in planning the exam preparation strategy, the syllabus has a prominent role in the GATE exams.
In this article, find the details of the subject specialization priority about Computer Science and Information Technology Engineering.
- Information Technology
- Information Security
- Software Engineering
- Distributed Computing
- Image Processing
- Computer Systems and Hardware
- Database and Information Systems
- Programming languages
- Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced Computing
Apart from the separate syllabus for the required subject, the GATE syllabus also comprises some common non-technical topics analysed in this article here. Most GATE papers include the standard section known as the General Aptitude that amounts to almost 15% of the total marks for a GATE exam. The sections found under the General aptitude are Verbal Ability and Numerical Ability. However, even if the syllabus for General Aptitude remains the same for all subjects, the questions asked for each paper would vary based on the difficulty and numerical level. Engineering Mathematics, in the meantime, is also a section common to most subjects.
A GATE aspirant can appear either in one or two subject papers. If a candidate chooses two papers, then the combination must be from the approved list and subject to the availability of infrastructure and date. Meanwhile, it is also established that any candidate who has selected Computer Science and Information Technology Engineering as the primary paper will have Maths as a subject for the secondary paper in GATE exams.
Why Refer to the Syllabus?
- A syllabus is used to get an overview of the topics and concepts to be covered in the GATE exam question paper of the relevant subject
- Knowing the syllabus helps to plan the studies properly with better focus on the weaker areas
- Preparing for the exams as per the syllabus allows the candidates to perform well in the exams
- Syllabus thus we can say sets the foundation for the exams
Additional tips to Crack the Exam
Meanwhile, apart from referring to the syllabus for the respective subjects selected, we have also compiled some additional hacks below in this article to crack the GATE exams.
- GATE aspirants should have a proper strategy and the perfect study plan in place
- Candidates should have appropriate in-depth knowledge of the concepts and theories covered
- Practising previous year questions is the best way to revise the subject thoroughly for exams
- Timing the papers will help in getting accustomed to answering the question within the stipulated time
- Candidates are advised to focus on both the theory and other numerical problems as well
- Have a proper note of all the theorems, equations, definitions and derivatives of the respective subject
Following these hacks and leveraging the benefits of these tools mentioned in the articles is the most effective way of cracking the exams. Candidates can also opt for group studies to do well in this GATE exam. Also, given that exams have negative marking, candidates are advised to avoid random guesses if they aim to score well.
Being thoroughly prepared by solving all the previous year question papers provides a superior understanding of these tips to perform well in the GATE exams. So, candidates can get preparing for the exam now.